AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.2 has been released a couple of weeks ago and contains a couple of very good and useful feature enhancements
- Elements in the profile view can now be created from left to right or from right to left.
- Rail turnouts and crossings command to create and edit turnouts (switches) and crossings
- A lot of metric pressure pipe content has been added
- 64 Additional subassemblies in pkt format have been added
for more details about the enhancements you can look here.
I have received multiple questions about where to find the new subassemblies as they do not seem to be available after installation of the 2018.2 update.
So here is how it goes:
With the installation of the 2018.2 update the subassemlies (pkt files) are copied to the following folder on your machine:
C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2018\enu\2018.2 Update Subassemblies\Metric.
You will need to add them manually to a toolpalette in Civil 3D, using the standard procedure.
- In Civil 3D create a new toolpalette.
- On the title of the toolpalette, right mouse click, and choose "Add Subassemblies"
- Browse to the folder mentioned above and select one or multiple pkt files
- click "Open" and then "Ok" in the dialog boxes that appear and you're done
Some subassemblies are specific to US regulations, but some of them are very well applicable in our region as well, some examples are shown on the image above