It has been a while since this guide was posted so I thought it might be nice to re-post. The guide is in PDF format so is can be printed.
AutoCAD Electrical uses a lot of different files. Some of the files include:
- Library symbols for the different standards
- Icon menu files
- Catalog database
- Circuit Builder spreadsheet
- Miscellaneous text files that make it easier to assign description, location, and installation values
- And more …
It can be hard to keep track of the files and find them when you need to make a change. The attached .pdf file provides a quick view into the main files used by AutoCAD Electrical and the default locations.
In addition to the files, the guide includes some other important basic information:
- Symbol naming convention
- Replaceable parameters used when defining the tagging format for components, wire numbers, and cross-referencing
- Family codes used by AutoCAD Electrical for symbols and catalog tables
- Pat Murnen