Getting just the right the look for your report tables just got easier.
We have removed some of the controls on the report Table Generation Setup dialog, and added the option to select a table style.
Here are just some of the advantages of being able to select the table style for your report tables.
- Use different text sizes for title, header, and data text.
- Use different text styles for title, header, and data text.
- Control fill color for title, header, and data areas.
- Full table border options including double borders.
- Control margins for title, header, and data cells.
- Change the table style and tables using that style update immediately.
I am sure the many people who requested this feature (read that as demanded loudly J) could add more advantages to the list, but this should be enough to get you to try it. Create as many table styles as you want. When you run a report, if the table style you want is on another drawing, use the Browse button next to the drop-down to locate the drawing and select the table style. The table style is added to the drop-down list so the next time you run a report it is available.
Here is the same report using 3 different table styles. Not the most exciting table styles, but you can see some of the flexibility.
You can also add the table style setting to the report's format .set file and it is selected automatically when the .set file is used.
To learn more about creating and modifying table styles, see the Help topic, New and Modify Table Style Dialog Boxes.
-- Pat Murnen