The latest release of Autodesk InfraWorks is here, and its packed full of enhancements.
To upgrade to the InfraWorks 2018.2 (January 2018) release version, open the Autodesk Desktop App and follow the prompts to upgrade. If you're not a subscriber yet, you can find out how to subscribe here.
- For an overview of system requirements, visit System Requirements for Autodesk InfraWorks.
- You can also review hardware and software recommendations for Autodesk InfraWorks and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
And don't forget to check out the recording of the What's New in InfraWorks 2018.2 webcast held by InfraWorks Product Manager Sarah Cunningham.
You 'll also probably want to review some of our handy What's New guides and other learning materials as you get acquainted with this newest version of InfraWorks. Here's an overview of free learning resources available to you:
What's New help index
First off, check out the What's New in Autodesk InfraWorks help topic, which has hyperlinks to learning resources for features that have seen updates or improvements, as well as new functionality. You can also see which features were introduced in previous releases of Autodesk InfraWorks.
New Help topics about key updates:
- Prefixes for labels on component roads make it easier to distinguish between fixed stations and horizontal geometry. Labels for points of change to horizontal spiral-curve-spiral geometry include a non-configurable prefix.
- Spiral layout editing is improved in canvas and in the Stack. Curve radius, curve length, and A values for Spiral In and Spiral Out are now shown-in canvas. The curve radius and A values are editable in-canvas as well. Click on the curve radius value label or an A value label and input new values to directly modify that curve property in-canvas.
- When sketching Right of Ways or Parcels/Easements, in-canvas guides display length and areas values. You can directly modify a length value by clicking the blue label and inputting a value. A new keyboard shortcut also allows for locking length values when sketching.
- Preview a bridge component immediately when adding it through the Style Palette. The Configure Paramteric Models dialog now shows when required parameters from Autodesk Inventor have been properly configured. We've also updated the Configure Parametric Models dialog with added import/export options, and made some adjustments to formatting of the sizing and part editing tables, to enhance your workflows.
Quantities and Analysis Tools
- View road, bridge, and drainage material quantities within a specified station range, for multiple, selected roads, and within a selected area of interest (AOI) such as a parcel, easement, or right of way. You select the AOI and then run the Material Quantities tool to display the results in the Material Quantities panel. The values calculated and shown will change if you adjust the extents of the AOI polygon. An image displays next to the tool in the Analysis Hub to indicate that Station Range is currently turned on and the selected area of the road is highlighted in canvas.
- Utilities quantities (drainage components, generic pipe, etc.) are calculated by depth range.
- Use photographic images along with point cloud data to provide realistic information during vertical feature modeling and linear feature extraction.
- When joining two linear features, you can choose to just snap (connect) or merge the lines.
- Improvements in the Cross Section View make it easier to add and group vertices for linear features.
- While extracting vertical features from point cloud data, you now have the choice to delete the selected feature or all filtered features (by category or height).
- Control the display of in-canvas labels for the view from the Interaction View Settings dialog.
Take a look at some of the other Learning Resources available to users of InfraWorks.
- Visit the Community page. The InfraWorks Community page features a stream of all the latest and greatest news, posts and tips about InfraWorks.
- Engage with InfraWorks on social media. We're on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, in blogs, and more.
- Explore the InfraWorks gallery or share your work.
- Get answers or help others on the InfraWorks forum.
- We are also happy to recommend some Free 3rd Party Training Offers (Exclusive Offers for Autodesk Customers. Each of these online training publishers provide 30-day free access to their entire library of content.) Go to your InfraWorks in-product help menu (in the InfraWorks Utility Bar) to access these exclusive offers.