I'm excited to announce that Autodesk InfraWorks 2018 is here!
To upgrade to the InfraWorks 2018.0 (April 2017) release version, open the Autodesk Desktop App. Or, you can use this direct download link to install. If you're not a subscriber yet, you can find out how to subscribe here.
- For an overview of system requirements, visit System Requirements for Autodesk InfraWorks.
- You can also review hardware and software recommendations for Autodesk InfraWorks and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
And don't forget to register for the upcoming What's New with Autodesk InfraWorks and Civil 3D webcast, on April 19th. Ever wonder what Autodesk is thinking when we release new features? Why certain additions, improvements, and enhancements are or are not included in the latest releases of Autodesk InfraWorks and AutoCAD Civil 3D? This webcast will be your chance to find out, provide comments, and ask questions.
You 'll also probably want to review some of our handy What's New guides and other learning materials as you get acquainted with this newest version of InfraWorks. Here's an overview of free learning resources available to you:
What's New help index
First off, check out the What's New in Autodesk InfraWorks help topic, which has hyperlinks to learning resources for features that have seen updates or improvements, as well as new functionality. You can also see which features were introduced in previous releases of Autodesk InfraWorks.
Updated tutorials for component-based roadway design:
We've added new tutorials for working with intersections, roundabouts, and sight analysis for component roads.
New Help topics about key updates:
- A new tab in the Civil 3D user interface provides quick access to Autodesk InfraWorks tools to improve your workflows. See To open InfraWorks model data in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- The default view is now the Engineering view. Views can have a mode, such as select or edit.
- You can now automatically convert a design road to a component road, in addition to manual conversion. See To convert a design road to a component road (Automatic).
- Manage parametric bridge content in the Style Palette.
- View fixed increment station labels for a selected component road when in plan view.
- We've made improvements to the editing gizmos for modifying a roadside grading section, so you can more easily drag the start and end stations to new locations.
- In-context messages provide instant feedback on your roadway curve and spiral layout when editing horizontal geometry.
- We've made improvements to material quantity calculations. You can now calculate material quantities for a selected component road, customize the quantities panel for viewing and export, and export material quantities for reporting and analysis.
- We've created simplified trees that scale to the correct height of the trees to provide a clean engineering view and increase model performance when realistic trees are not required. You can see realistic trees (top) contrasted against simplified trees (bottom) in the image below.
- We've added two new adaptive tree styles to the library to increase realism and performance. They are: Spruce Tree and Spruce Tree with Snow.
- When using the measurement tools such as Point-to-Point Distance, you'll see improved labeling for the length and area information.
Take a look at some of the other Learning Resources available to users of InfraWorks.
- Visit the Community page. The InfraWorks Community page features a stream of all the latest and greatest news, posts and tips about InfraWorks.
- Engage with InfraWorks on social media. We're on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, in blogs, and more.
- Explore the InfraWorks gallery or share your work.
- Get answers or help others on the InfraWorks forum.
- We are also happy to recommend some Free 3rd Party Training Offers (Exclusive Offers for Autodesk Customers. Each of these online training publishers provide 30-day free access to their entire library of content.) Go to your InfraWorks in-product help menu (in the InfraWorks Utility Bar) to access these exclusive offers.