The latest release of Autodesk InfraWorks 360, (aka InfraWorks 360 2017.3) is live, and packed full of updates to enhance your civil infrastructure projects. Note: To upgrade to this latest release version, open the Autodesk Desktop App. Or, you can use the direct download link.
To make your transition into this release even smoother, we've created learning resources to guide you through the new and improved features and functionalities. Here's an overview of these resources:
Overviews of what's new:
- (video) What's New in InfraWorks 360 2017.3 - this is a recording of a January 4th, 2017 product team webcast for users, providing an overview of the latest release.
- (text) What's New In InfraWorks 360 2017 - a summary of new enhancements to InfraWorks 360 in 2017. Updates specific to the 2017.3 release are marked with a .
- For an overview of system requirements, visit System Requirements for Autodesk InfraWorks 360 2017.
Updated tutorials for component-based roadway design:
New Help topics about key updates:
- Assign different modes to Views: views can have a mode, such as select or edit.
- Speed up your workflow by applying your girder, pier, or foundation modifications to the next component you select.
- View roadway station and component station labels at key geometric locations such as start and end points of horizontal and vertical curves, points of intersection, points of vertical intersection, and road component and transition lengths.
- Save your custom bridge assemblies and re-use them as templates from the Style Palette.
- Send your bridge to Revit: bridge components can be converted to Direct Shape or Revit families.
- Split roadside grading and modify the material and slope.
- Modify start/end stations for grading areas to create grading zones, and add grading transitions. Specify slopes and materials independently for each zone. Specify length of transition between grading zones.
- View cut and fill volumes for intersections, roundabouts, and bridges. Specify a station range to show earthwork quantities for part of a road.
- Right of Ways limits shown on Cut/Fill View. You can also convert any ROW line segment to an arc.
- Perform flood simulations on rivers and water areas for multiple inflow locations. Specify Elevation vs. Time inflows for coastal storm surge simulations.
- Enhanced engineering-grade terrain generation for large point cloud projects. Enhanced feature modeling for Assigning vertical features as city furniture.
- New adaptive tree style: Beech tree
Videos to acclimate you to new features in 2017:
- Adjust Roadside Grading
- Add and Modify Bridge Deck and Girder Cross Sections
- User Interface Tour
- Generate Terrain and Model Features from Point Clouds
- Working with Views
- Run Flood Simulation Animations
- Apply and Inspect Superelevation in Component Roads
Take a look at some of the other Learning Resources available to users of InfraWorks 360.
- Visit the Community page. The InfraWorks 360 Community page features a stream of all the latest and greatest news, posts and tips about InfraWorks 360.
- Engage with InfraWorks 360 on social media. We're on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, in blogs, and more.
- Explore the InfraWorks 360 gallery or share your work.
- Get answers or help others on the InfraWorks 360 forum.
- Check out Eagle Point Software's Pinnacle Series™ - Workflows, Training & Support - Free Trial (English only) for InfraWorks 360.
- We are also happy to recommend some other Free 3rd Party Training Offers (Exclusive Offers for Autodesk Customers. Each of these online training publishers provide 30-day free access to their entire library of content.) Go to your InfraWorks 360 in-product help menu (in the InfraWorks 360 Utility Bar) to access these exclusive offers.